We are Eden Futures, and we deliver exceptional support services for people aged 18 and over who have learning disabilities, autism, mental ill health and associated complex needs.
We are looking for an experienced Internal Trainer to join our Learning and Development Team who shares our values and wants to be part of a company that recognises individual strengths and talent. If you are passionate about learning and developing our staff to be the best they can be, creating inspiring and innovative training courses and materials, then we would love to hear from you!
The role is varied with travel throughout the company across our many services in the Central and North regions of the UK as well as some home working and office working and hours will also be variable and include evenings, weekends and overnight stays. You will be expected to travel to deliver face to face training alongside virtual training to supplement our comprehensive training programme offered to all staff.
- Induction core modules including Active Support, Safeguarding and Medication.
- First Aid
- Moving and Handling theory and practical
- Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Maybo Conflict Management
- Trauma informed care
- Any other courses as/when required
- Research, design and update all training materials embedding new legislation, policies and practices as delegated by the Lead Trainer
- Working collaboratively with operational teams to ensure training is service specific and focused on the differing needs across our service areas
- Undertake continuing professional development (CPD) through research and attending relevant training, including Adult Care specific and andragogy principles
- Undertake reflective practice through regular service visits
- Undertake Train the Trainer courses and re accreditation where required eg First Aid; Maybo
- Provide appropriate learning and development support to staff across the organisation where needed i.e. dyslexia, visual difficulties, physical needs
- Achieve and maintain Eden Future’s values and align to our People Strategy
- Maintain professional and performance standards expected of a Trainer
- Undertake Trainer admin duties such as maintaining registers, recording attendance, certificate claims
- Completing other duties as determined by the Lead Trainer, within the general scope of the post
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of delivering training in an Adult Social Care setting (Essential)
- Knowledge of Healthcare/Social Care subjects, research, developments within the Healthcare and Social care settings (Essential)
- Car driver with access to own vehicle (Essential)
- Qualifications in Teaching/Training/Adult Social Care (Desirable)
- Experience working with Learner Management systems and e-learning platforms
- Proficiency in designing training materials including PowerPoint and use of Microsoft Teams for delivery
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and across multiple sites based on business needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and adaptability to talk to individuals at all levels, as well as senior stakeholders across the business
- A team player who engages well with others
- Driven to deliver innovative, stimulating and engaging training sessions
- Ability to support individuals with their learning needs such as visual and auditory difficulties, dyslexia and other needs
- Energetic and delivery focused
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Passionate about delivering a first-class service
About the Company
Eden Futures is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide a high-quality service that empowers Service Users to lead normal lives, and to be the provider of choice.
We are proud to have the Advanced (Gold) Investors in People (IIP) standard, which put us in the top 2% of organisations internationally that are part of IIP!