We are Eden Futures, and we deliver exceptional support services for people aged 18 and over who have learning disabilities, autism, mental ill health and associated complex needs.
We are looking for an HR Manager, with our values, who will report into the HR Business Partner to support the proactive alignment of employees to Eden Futures’ business objectives. The role is based in Long Bennington, Newark and we offer hybrid working. We always choose talent over location, so for the right candidate, we will work with you to be flexible about days in the office. We have lots of services so while we don’t want our HR Manager constantly on the road, we are looking for flexibility to visit our people managers.
Successful candidates will be required to have a DBS check prior to commencing employment.
- Take your Birthday off
- Free DBS Check,
- Health Cash Back and Pension scheme,
- eligibility for a £500 bonus through our refer a friend scheme and enhanced Maternity or Paternity pay.
- Eligibility for COSTCO membership
- Blue Light Discount Scheme.
Through experience in human resources management and leading a team, our HR Manager will aid Eden Futures in engaging and retaining a talented workforce by:
- Supporting the delivery of the people strategy across Eden Futures
- Implementing solutions, programmes and policies to engage our employees
- Delivering the people actions to drive improvements with people managers
- Ensuring compliance with HR policies and processes across Eden Futures
- Coaching and upskilling line managers in all areas of HR including performance management, absence management and employee relations issues.
- Supporting the HR Business Partner to implement wellness and health initiatives
- Ensuring KPI information is collated on a regular basis to inform the monthly Board Report
- Advising managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them
- Overseeing the Employee Relations case management with the HR Advisor and HR Administrator to ensure all people cases are tracked, monitored, logged and reported upon
- Being the escalation point of the HR Advisor for Employee Relations (ER) cases
- In conjunction with HR Advisor, provide Employee Relations support to local teams when dealing with performance management i.e. disciplinary, grievance and capability procedures
- Under the direction of the HR Business Partner, supporting restructures and TUPE
- In conjunction with the HR Business Partner, ensuring all processes and toolkits are reviewed and updated as required
- Providing effective line management to the HR Advisor and Administrator, providing regular one-to-one meetings, annual PDRs and ongoing support and development
- Seeking opportunities for improvement and ongoing development of the HR service
- Liaising effectively with our people managers regarding HR processes ensuring new or reviewed processes are fully implemented
- Ensuring effective communication is established and maintained throughout the service and with external agencies and other stakeholders
- Ensuring effective partnership working with external agencies i.e. Benefit providers, Occupational Health advisors and consultants
- Undertaking further training or development seeking to enhance your knowledge and skills
- Participating fully in regular management supervisions, 1:1s and PDRs being proactive in seeking new opportunities to develop
- Ensuring your CPD is up to date in line with CIPD requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced HR professional
- CIPD level 5 qualified
- Experience of leading a team (at least at Advisor level)
- Have a strong ER background
- Have sound and continuously updated employment law knowledge
- Experience of a fast-paced environment and the ability to maintain attention to detail whilst multi-tasking
- Be able to work autonomously, managing own workload and priorities
- Can implement solutions and identify and drive improvements in HR
- Experience of coaching, training and upskilling people managers
About the Company
Eden Futures is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide a high-quality service that empowers Service Users to lead normal lives, and to be the provider of choice.
We are proud to have the Advanced (Gold) Investors in People (IIP) standard, which put us in the top 2% of organisations internationally that are part of IIP!