We are Eden Futures, and we deliver exceptional support services for people aged 18 and over who have learning disabilities, autism, mental ill health and associated complex needs.
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Team Manager within our Supported Living Services in Blackpool, supporting individuals in their own homes as well as out in the community, helping them to live as independently as possible. As the Deputy Team Manager you will be responsible for providing day to day leadership, management, and support to the team to ensure the highest quality of service is delivered.
This position will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment.
The Deputy Team Manager salary is £22,512 per annum based on 37.5 hours per week.
- Take your Birthday off plus 28 days holiday - increasing to 33 days with service
- Continuous Learning & Development opportunities - including access to bespoke training, Apprenticeships in Health & Social Care and Business and Leadership & Management
- Opportunities to develop through Eden’s Aspire programmes such as our Leadership Development Programme
- Health Cash Back and Pension Scheme
- Eligible for £500 bonus through our refer a friend scheme (unlimited referrals)
- Enhanced pay for maternity or paternity leave
- Blue Light Discount Scheme
- Eligibility for COSTCO membership
All Support Worker roles here at Eden Futures are advertised as a salaried amount for illustrative purposes only, which is detailed within the adverts for full transparency. All Support Worker roles are hourly paid (up to £10.42 in Core services and £10.90 within Specialist) and the salary shown is based on a 42 hour a week contract. This is pro-rata’d depending on contractual hours offered.
- Assist in the recruitment of new staff, ensuring new members of staff are successfully inducted and the correct training is received
- With guidance and training, provide structured supervision to the staff team and assist with personal reviews
- Identify areas for training / development
- Help lead staff meetings, ensuring they are conducted in a professional and constructive manner
- Provide or source hands-on clinical guidance, support and leadership in relation to best practice when supporting people who challenge under the guidance of the Team Manager
- Undertake on-call duties as required
- Respond to poor performance or conduct issues in a fair and consistent manner by reporting to the Team Manager so an action plan can be agreed
- Monitor attendance and conduct return-to-work interviews
- Ensure staff complete timesheets / annual leave requests are dealt with appropriately
- Undertake on-call alongside colleagues as appropriate, ensuring the service is effectively managed seven days a week
- Understand the wider implications of the business in relation to the commissioning process, audit, and inspection (CQC etc.)
- Attend and contribute to management meetings and other team meetings to discuss and share information and progress
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders i.e. Adult Social Care & Health, CCG’s etc.
- Lead by example in enabling the service users to live fulfilling lives based around their individual needs and aspirations.
- Promote joint working when overseeing the transition for new / moving service users – ensuring all support needs are met both within the transition period and ongoing.
- Ensure service users receive their commissioned hours and manage the delivery of those hours in line with service users’ needs and preferences
- Generate person-centred support plans for all service users and ensure the ongoing review of the appropriateness to their needs in partnership with managers and staff
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are in place and implemented to safeguard the wellbeing of the service users. Work in conjunction with the wider team and the multi-disciplinary team for those of a more complex nature
The Ideal Candidate
- A developing leader with desire to progress into a managerial role
- Ideally you will have previous experience in a Supported Living or Residential service
- Experience of working with adults with Learning Disabilities or Mental Health conditions is preferable
- Be willing to undertake further training or development which is deemed essential to fulfilling your role
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, demanding role
About the Company
Eden Futures is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide a high-quality service that empowers Service Users to lead normal lives, and to be the provider of choice.
We are proud to have the Advanced (Gold) Investors in People (IIP) standard, which put us in the top 2% of organisations internationally that are part of IIP!